OpenCounter is a customized guide to help applicants identify zoning details for a prospective business location, as well as outlining the permits and fees required to start a business in Elk Grove
Questions Regarding Zoning Code Allowances for Home Improvements?
Make a Payment
Payment of Planning applications can be made at the cashier's window, via check submitted by mail or over the phone via credit card. Applicants submitting applications to Planning wishing to pay by check or credit card will be provided an invoice that must be included with the check submittal or with credit card payment. Credit card payments may be made by contacting the cashier's office at (916) 627-3279. If the cashier is not available, please leave a voicemail and you'll receive a call within 2 business days for payment processing.
Sign Up for Updates
- Sacramento Region Blueprint Program
- Blueprint is a comprehensive regional process integrating land use and transportation, air quality and other regional concerns.(more)
- Community Development Block Grant
- The City of Elk Grove became an entitlement jurisdiction in 2003 and receives federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds directly from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. (more)
- Growth Control-Growth Management
- The City Council on March 3, 2004, conducted a workshop on Growth Control/Growth Management. (more)
- Downloadable Forms
- Submitting an application to the City? Use this section to download the required forms, which can be printed out on your home or office printer. (more)
About the Planning Division
The City of Elk Grove Current Planning Division provides staff to assist in guiding future growth and change in a manner that conforms to adopted policies and ordinances and that reflects community values. Current Planning provides functions and services that include public information and assistance to customers at the front counter and by telephone, development review and environmental review to implement the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). The division is also responsible for the development and maintenance and operations of the City's General Plan, Zoning Ordinance, and Housing and Grants programs.