Working together, we can make a difference. Below are listings to some of the opportunities to serve your community. Please consider contributing some of your time and talent to support a better quality of life in Elk Grove.
- City of Elk Grove Committee and Commission Vacancies
- CalFresh at Farmers' Markets, Alchemist CDC
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Greater Sacramento Area
- Cosumnes Community Services District
- Elk Grove Animal Services
- Elk Grove Community Garden
- Elk Grove Food Bank Services
- EGPD Community Ambassador
- HART (Homeless Assistance Resource Team)
- Project RIDE
- Road to Recovery (American Cancer Society)
- Sacramento Public Library
- Sacramento Tree Foundation
- Strauss Festival of Elk Grove
- Suncrest Hospice
- Teen Center USA
- Uncorked & Uncapped
- VIPS (Volunteers in Police Services)
How to Help Your Community
Elk Grove is a generous community. With many of our neighbors facing difficult times due to business and school closures and job disruptions caused by the COVID-19 outbreak, the following organizations are working hard to help those who need it most.
Please consider helping where you can. We’re all in this together.
- Chicks in Crisis
Accepting donations of diapers, baby wipes, formula, and gently used children’s clothing up to a size 5/6. Volunteers needed for spring garden projects.
- Elk Grove Food Bank
9820 Dino Drive Suite 140, Elk Grove, CA 95624
Volunteers needed. Accepting donations of non-perishable food, Ensure, and toiletries.
- Elk Grove Homeless Assistance Resource Team (HART)
Donate funds to support the unhoused and clients living in transitional housing.
- Sacramento Self-Help Housing
Donate funds to support housing deposits or motel vouchers for people experiencing homelessness. Accepting new or used items to help furnish houses.
- Senior Center of Elk Grove
Donate funds for an increase in senior online support and services.
- Uplift People of Elk Grove
Accepting monetary donations to help participants with food and other immediate needs.