The Elk Grove American Legion Post 233 will be hosting the Elk Grove Veterans Day Parade this Saturday, November 11. Join the tradition of honoring those who have selflessly served our nation. Ceremonies begin at 10 a.m. at the Cosumnes Community Services District (CSD) building at 8820 Elk Grove Blvd. At 11:11 a.m., the parade will proceed east on Elk Grove Boulevard, then south on Elk Grove-Florin Road to Elk Grove Park.
To accommodate the event, road closures and detours will be set up between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. Motorists are encouraged to plan accordingly.
Street Closures and Detours for Saturday, November 11:
- Elk Grove Blvd will be closed to all eastbound and westbound traffic from Williamson Dr. to Elk Grove-Florin Road. Traffic from Colton will be directed westbound on Elk Grove Blvd. to northbound Williamson.
- Elk Grove Florin Rd. will be closed to all southbound traffic from Sierra Street to Park Meadows. All intersecting roads will be blocked.
- Vehicles travelling eastbound on Elk Grove Blvd. approaching Williamson Dr. will be diverted to the north.
- Vehicles travelling westbound on Elk Grove Blvd. approaching Elk Grove-Florin Rd. will be diverted onto northbound Elk Grove-Florin Road.
- Vehicles travelling southbound on Elk Grove Florin Rd. will be diverted eastbound on Sierra Street.
- All northbound traffic on Elk Grove Florin Rd. approaching the entrance to Elk Grove Park entrance will be diverted onto eastbound Park Meadows.
Alternative Routes: Motorists travelling east or westbound in the City are encouraged to use Bond, Sheldon or Grant Line/Kammerer Roads as alternate routes during the closure.
For questions, contact D’ Ann Moseley at 916-919-7273 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Street Use Permit #23-05390
Parade Route Map: