Celebrate the holiday with families, friends and neighbors at the 4th annual Illumination Holiday Festival on Saturday, December 2 from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. at District56 (9701 Big Horn Blvd.). The event brings two special holiday experiences together again this season, weather permitting. The Elk Grove Lions Club will host the Holiday Parade of Lights Saturday night. The parade will generate road closures and detours around District56 from 3 to 9 p.m. Motorists should be aware and plan accordingly.
Roads Closed from 3:00 to 9:00 p.m.
- Laguna Springs Drive from Auto Passage Drive to Lotz Parkway for parade staging.
- Auto Passage Drive from Auto City Drive to Laguna Springs Drive for parade staging
Roads Closed from 5:00 to 9:00 p.m.
- Civic Center Drive will be closed from Big Horn Blvd. to Laguna Springs Drive
- Southbound Big Horn Blvd. will be closed between Elk Grove Blvd. and Denali Circle
- Both directions of Laguna Springs Drive will be closed between Elk Grove Blvd. and Lotz Parkway
- Northbound traffic on Big Horn Blvd. will be diverted to the District56 entrance or turned around at Denali Circle.
Alternative Routes: Motorists travelling north or southbound in this section of the City during the event are encouraged to use Bruceville Road or West Stockton Blvd. East and westbound travelers should use Elk Grove Blvd. or Whitelock Parkway.
About the Festival:
The Illumination Festival is free to attend and welcome to all. This year’s event includes a variety of activities for the entire family including a Vendor Village curated by River City Marketplace, holiday delicacies, displays celebrating global holiday traditions, a free kids activity zone, photos with Santa, and even a synthetic ice rink.*
Cap off the night with a photo in front of the City’s Ribbon Tree, lit immediately following the end of the Holiday of Lights Parade.
Complimentary parking is available at District56 and additional parking and a free SacRT shuttle can be found at the Dignity Health Medical Plaza (8220 Wymark Drive).
The Illumination Festival is hosted with the support of local businesses including Explore Elk Grove, Sutter Health, Republic Services, Dignity Health, SacRT, River City Marketplace, KLOVE, and Mix96.
* Attractions subject to change in inclement weather.
# # #