ADA Compliance / Public Notice
- Notice of Compliance under the Americans with Disabilities Act & California State Law
- In accordance with the requirements of Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 ("ADA")(as amended), the California Fair Employment & Housing Act (FEHA)(as amended), Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended), and California Government Code Sections 12926 & 11135 and other applicable codes, the City of Elk Grove does not discriminate against qualified individuals on the basis of disability in its programs, services, and activities.
- The City of Elk Grove does not discriminate on the basis of disability in its hiring or employment practices and complies with FEHA all regulations promulgated by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) under title I of the ADA, including the requirement to provide reasonable accommodations.
- Effective Communication
- The City of Elk Grove will generally, upon request, provide appropriate aids and services leading to effective communication for qualified persons with disabilities including qualified sign language interpreters, documents in Braille, and other ways of making information and communications accessible to people with speech, hearing, vision, sensory, motor, and cognitive disabilities so they can participate equally in the City's programs, services, and activities.
- Modifications to Policies and Procedures
- The City of Elk Grove will make all reasonable modifications to policies and programs to ensure that people with disabilities have an equal opportunity to enjoy all of its programs, services, and activities. For example, individuals with service animals behaving within applicable standards are welcomed in the City of Elk Grove facilities, even where pets are generally prohibited.
Ask Elk Grove Online Service
Submit your request, comment, or question via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anyone who requires auxiliary aids or services for effective communication, or a modification of policies or procedures to participate in a program, service, or activity of the City of Elk Grove, should contact: Jim Ramsey, ADA Coordinator, at least 48 hours before the scheduled event.
Neither the ADA, nor state law, requires the City of Elk Grove to take any action that would fundamentally alter the nature of its programs, services, or activities, or impose an undue financial or administrative burden.
The City of Elk Grove will not place a surcharge on a particular individual with a disability or any group of individuals with disabilities to cover the cost of providing auxiliary aids/services or reasonable modifications of policy to create access.
Notice that a City program, service, activity, building, or property is not accessible to persons with disabilities may be submitted online, or directed to:
ADA CoordinatorJim Ramsey
|Email, (916) 478-2250, TTY/TDD (888) 435-6092, or fax (916) 627-4250
8401 Laguna Palms Way