Hours and Location
9255 Disposal Lane
Elk Grove, California 95624
Hours of Operation
Sunday to Wednesday
9:00 am to 3:30 pm
Phone: (916) 478-2228
Don't waste money on full-size products at the store when you only need a little! Instead of buying bulky new products, Elk Grove residents can come to the Special Waste Collection Center’s Reuse Room and find a wide variety of new or partially used products. When we collect products that are in good condition and reusable, our technicians will place them in the Reuse Room where Elk Grove residents can take them home free of charge (up to 10 items per month per household).
Typical Household Items available for reuse may include:
- Paint and wood stain
- Home Improvement (grout, sealant, etc.)
- Lawn and Garden Care
- Pool Supplies
- Wood Working Supplies
How the Reuse Room Works
- Shop for your products (Limited to 10 items per calendar month)
- Place your products in a box, bag, or other container (we can't guarantee the availability of containers so feel free to bring your own)
- Complete the check-out form and sign the electronic waiver
*If required present your proof of residency (driver's license, state ID, utility bill)
- Safely transport your products home
- No more than 10 items per calendar month per household
- Available to Elk Grove Residents only (must show proof of residency upon request)
- Items cannot be held or reserved
- Items are available on a first come, first serve basis
- Anyone under 18 years of agemustbe accompanied by an adult.
- For safety purposes, all customers entering the Reuse Room must be wearing shoes and a shirt.
- Do not open containers or spray aerosols in the room.
- Itemscannotbe resold.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
How much paint do I need?
- Multiply the length of each wall times its width to find the area.
- Example: 10' x 15' = 150 square feet
- Divide that number by 350 (the estimated square feet covered per gallon) to figure out how many gallons of paint you need.
- Example: 150 ÷ 350 = 0.43 gallons (approx. - 1/2 gallon of paint).