Our Door-to-Door Program extends our Household Hazardous Waste Program to traditionally underserved demographics including seniors, physically limited residents, and homebound residents that may be unable to drive to the Special Waste Collection Center (SWCC). To be eligible, simply provide either:
- Proof of age (75 years or older) via a government-issued identification; or
- Statement from a medical doctor verifying a disability.
To sign up for the program, please contact Republic Services at (916) 635-2500 first to sign-up for the Senior/Disabled Roll-out Cart program. Once you are enrolled in that program, you are automatically eligible for Door-to-door pick up of hazardous waste.
Eligible residents can call (916) 627-3232 to schedule an appointment.
- Cleaning Products (Home and Auto)
- Solvents and Acetone
- Car batteries (limit of 3)
- Pool and Spa Chemicals
- Gasoline or fuel
- Paint (Oil-based and Latex)
- All single use batteries and rechargeable, motor oil, sharps (in approved containers), CFLs, Fluorescent Tubes
Items Not Accepted
- Medical Waste and Medicines
- Ammunition and Explosives
- Radioactive Materials
- Compressed Gas Cylinders
- Household Garbage or Recyclables
- Computers, TVs, and Other Electronic waste (use the Bulky Waste pick up program from Republic Services to dispose of these items)
- Containers larger than 5 gallons
On the day or evening before your appointment
- Place all waste in sealed containers to prevent spills or leaks on your property or during transport. If a leak or spill occurs on your property due to inadequate containers, the City is not responsible for clean-up. Place the containers at the top of your driveway and close to your house,not at the curborsidewalk.
- Place items in a cardboard box or similar when available.
- For your safety, do not mix contents.
- Keep items in original containers if possible.