Film Permits

The Public Affairs Manager serves as a liaison for coordinating filming activities on or using City of Elk Grove public property. Filming includes staging, shooting, filming, videotaping, and photographing for commercial and other productions. Filming for the purposes of reporting on events or persons that are in the news for newspapers, television news and other news media is excluded.

Filming productions may require a Street Use Permit if a production will impact traffic or require equipment or vehicles on a public street. The Elk Grove Police Department requires a 10-day notice to process a work contract and coordinate necessary traffic control. Traffic control officers will not perform security duties for filming.

To coordinate a filming production, or for more information, contact:

Public Affairs

Public Affairs Manager

Kristyn Laurence
Email or (916) 478-3632