Celebrate the holiday with families, friends and neighbors at the 3rd annual Illumination Holiday Festival on Saturday, December 3 from 3 to 8 p.m. at District56 (9701 Big Horn Blvd.).
This year’s event has been expanded to include a variety of activities for the entire family! Shop for special gifts in the Vendor Village curated by the elves responsible for the NeighborGood Market. Enjoy some holiday delicacies, celebrate traditions from around the globe and strap on some skates and glide on the ice rink. The kids will be extra merry when they have the chance to jump in the holiday bounce houses, play holiday games, and connect with Mr. Claus.*
Families will find some amazing photo opportunities throughout the Illumination Festival and can cap off the night with a photo in front of the City’s Ribbon Tree, lit immediately following the end of the Holiday of Lights Parade.
The City has partnered with the Elk Grove Lions Club and Sutter Health to host Elk Grove’s Holiday of Lights Parade as part of the festivities. Entries will roll down Laguna Springs Drive from Auto Passage Drive beginning at 6 p.m. and make their way to District56 on Civic Center Drive. Road closures for the parade will be in place until 9 p.m. for the following streets:
Closed from 3:00 to 9:00 p.m.
• Laguna Springs Drive from Auto Passage Drive to Lotz Parkway for parade staging.
• Auto Passage Drive from Auto City Drive to Laguna Springs Drive for parade staging
Closed from 5:00 to 9:00 p.m.
• Civic Center Drive will be closed from Big Horn Blvd. to Laguna Springs Drive
• Southbound Big Horn Blvd. will be closed between Elk Grove Blvd. and Denali Circle
• Both directions of Laguna Springs Drive will be closed between Elk Grove Blvd. and Lotz Parkway
• Northbound traffic on Big Horn Blvd. will be diverted to the District56 entrance or turned around at Denali Circle.
Alternative Routes: Motorists travelling north or southbound in this section of the City during the event are encouraged to use Bruceville Road or West Stockton Blvd. during the closure. East and westbound travelers should use Elk Grove Blvd. or Whitelock Parkway.
The Illumination Festival is free to attend and open to everyone. Complimentary parking is available at District56 with additional parking at the Dignity Health Medical Plaza (8220 Wymark Drive).
The Illumination Festival is hosted with the support of local businesses including Explore Elk Grove, Lasher’s Elk Grove Subaru, Sutter Health, Frontier, Leaf Filter, Covered California, Republic Services, Unseen Heroes, Ardent Magazine, Town Planner, KLOVE, and Mix96.
* Attractions subject to change in inclement weather.
# # #
Sign up for Updates