The City of Elk Grove is closely monitoring the impacts of the COVID-19 virus for its effects on Elk Grove businesses and employees. Local businesses and their employees are critical to the success of the City, and we want to do everything we can to assist you during this difficult time.
We're encouraging business owners and employees to follow all guidelines, directives, and orders issued by federal, state, and county governments related to virus containment and business operating parameters.
Sacramento County Microbusiness Grant Program
The programs provides funding to microbusinesses throughout Sacramento County. Applications open now through April 29, 2022.
2021 Elk Grove COVID-19 Business Recovery Grant Program
On September 8, 2021, the Elk Grove City Council adopted this program, which will utilize American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds to assist Elk Grove businesses that have been negatively impacted financially by COVID-19.Review the Program Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines.
Coronavirus Resource Website and Hotline
For businesses needing assistance, the City of Elk Grove, in partnership with the Sacramento Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce has supported the launch of the Coronavirus Rapid Response website and Rapid Response Business Hotline. The website contains all the latest information and resources for the region's affected businesses and employees. The website will be updated regularly as new information and resources become available. The Hotline is available Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm at 1-833-391-1919.
Expanding Outdoor Dining Spaces
To support local restaurants and the safe return of dining out, the City of Elk Grove issued alocal emergency ordertoday that provides businesses an opportunity to temporarily add or expand outdoor dining areas.
Conditions for the program include the following:
- Dining areas cannot block vehicle or pedestrian traffic or impede ADA access.
- Temporary fencing not exceeding three (3) feet tall must be placed around the area.
- Dining tables must be placed to allow six-foot (6'-0") social distancing between groups of customers. Customers in the same household dining together are counted as one group.
- Unless hours of operation are expressly extended or restricted by the permit, hours of operation for outdoor uses shall coincide with their normal hours of operation.
- Amplified sound is not allowed.
- Temporary signage can be used to designate the use of public property for outdoor dining.
- Restaurants must comply with all applicable State and County laws and regulations pertaining to outdoor dining (including but not limited to sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages) under this provision.
Financial Resources for Local Businesses
The following federal and state financial resources are available for Elk Grove businesses being adversely impacted by the Coronavirus.
Federal Financial Programs
This loan will provide economic relief to small businesses and non-profit organizations that are currently experiencing a temporary loss of revenue.
The Shuttered Venue Operators Grant program provides emergency assistance for eligible venues.
State Financial Programs
- California Small Business Covid-19 Relief Grant Program
- Provides grants up to $25,000 to small businesses and nonprofits impacted by COVID-19 and the health and safety restrictions.
- The California Rebuilding Fund
- A loan program to support California's small businesses, especially those located in economically disadvantaged and historically under-banked areas of the state.
- Disaster Relief Loan Guarantee
- iBank's program is available to small businesses needing assistance to overcome economic injury caused by COVID-19.?
City Financial Programs
- COVID-19 Small Business Recovery Grant Program
Online only grant applications closed on Monday, October 5, 2020 at 5:00 PM. Future opportunities may become available, depending on additional funding.
Small Business Consulting During the Pandemic
Through our partnership with the Capital Region Small Business Development Center (SBDC), we are able to offer free one-on-one business consulting to assist with business start-ups, growth, loans, marketing, government contracting, technology and more.
- Benefits for WorkersImpacted by COVID-19
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance
- Self-Employed/Independent Contractor
- OnwardCAOne-stop resource for the people of California impacted by job loss during the COVID-19 Pandemic
If you have additional questions or concerns, you can contact the Office of Economic Development directly at:firstname.lastname@example.org by calling our main line at (916) 627-3338.