Transportation Permits

Transportation Permits are required when a vehicle and/or vehicle load is larger than 8’6” in width, 14’ in height, or 65’ in length (combo unit). Transportation Permits are issued on a single trip or annual basis and are enforced by the City of Elk Grove Police Department and the California Highway Patrol. Transportation Permits are only issued upon payment of the permit application fee, and after the planned route and vehicle load have been examined for possible safety and traffic conflicts.

Examples of uses that require a transportation permit include:

  • Moving construction equipment
  • Moving modular building or structures
  • Oversized vehicles
  • Any other transportation that exceeds the City’s standards

Apply for a Transportation Permit View Permit Fees

© 2021 City of Elk Grove. All Rights Reserved.