How are codes enforced?

The code enforcement process is typically initiated in several ways: 1) in response to a complaint by an individual; 2) as a consequence of an action (for example, an application for a building permit or a request for a zoning variance); or 3) observation of a code violation by a Code Enforcement Officer as they patrol the community and do their jobs.

To request a payoff demand status for the amount due on a case what do I need to do?

Fax or mail (must be in written form) your request and the recorded document, or the document prompting your call, to fax (916) 691-4757. If you need further information, please call (916) 687-3023 and a Customer Service Specialist will be happy to assist you.

How do I report illegal dumping that has already taken place in the City limits?

Call (916) 687-3023 and a Code Enforcement Officer will be sent to the location to take appropriate action.

How do I know if the address or location of a code violation is located within the City of Elk Grove?

A: Check the street signs. If the street signs have a City seal with a green back ground and white lettering illustrated the address or location is within the Elk Grove city limits. In the County, street signs have a white background with black lettering. Call County Code Enforcement at (916) 875-5656.

© 2020 City of Elk Grove | All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy