All e-tran buses are wheelchair accessible. We recommend that wheelchairs have a working brake system.
Not all bus stops are safe for deployment of the lift. If you have question about accessibility of a particular stop, please call.
As a courtesy to riders with mobility limitations, priority seating has been designated at the front of each bus. Your cooperation in yielding these seats to mobility-limited riders, the seniors and persons with disabilities is appreciated.
CITY OF ELK GROVE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (ADA) REASONABLE MODIFICATION POLICY
In compliance with the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) the City of Elk Grove has developed a Reasonable Modification Policy .This Policy provides for reasonable modifications/accommodations to practices and procedures to avoid discrimination and ensure that programs are accessible to individuals with disabilities. To view the Full Reasonable Modification Policy please click here.
Purchase e-tran and RT Passes and Tickets
e-tran accepts all RT tickets and passes. e-tran monthly passes along with RT passes and tickets can be purchased at the following locations within Elk Grove and Sacramento listed below. e-tran 10-ride passes are only available through the mail, online, or at Elk Grove City Hall.
8425 Elk Grove-Florin Road at Calvine Road, Elk Grove
5100 Laguna Blvd at Franklin Blvd, Elk Grove
9435 Elk Grove Blvd at Waterman Road, Elk Grove
8401 Laguna Palms Way, Elk Grove
4900 Elk Grove Blvd, at Franklin Blvd, Elk Grove
1225 R Street, Sacramento at (13th Street LRT Station), Sacramento
Or through your employer, please ask your transportation coordinator for details.
You can order e-tran bus passes through the mail. Pick up a mail order form on the bus or call (916) 68E-TRAN to have one mailed to you or download a Pass By Mail form and mail to Elk Grove Accounting Department at 8401 Laguna Palms Way, Elk Grove, CA 95758.
You can order bus passes online.
Biking with e-tran
e-tran buses are equipped with bike racks, which hold two bikes. Two additional bikes are allowed inside the bus, depending on passenger loads.
Only single-rider, two-wheel bicycles are permitted. No motor, tandem or three-wheel bikes are allowed. There is no age limit for riders using the bike racks or bringing bikes on board the bus. However, riders must be able to load and unload their bikes without help from the operator. There is no guarantee that there will be space on any specific bus for your bike.
e-tran, the City of Elk Grove or MV Public Transportation, Inc is not responsible for damages to or caused by bicycles on e-tran or City of Elk Grove property or vehicles.
- Before the bus arrives remove all detachable items from the bike, such as bags, air pumps, and water bottles.
- Always load and unload your bike from the curb side of the bus.
- If the rack is stowed, squeeze the silver release handle on the top and lower the rack from its upright position.
- Lift your bike into the rack, putting the front wheel where indicated on the rack. (The first bike in the rack should be loaded in the position closest to the bus.)
- Pull the support arm up and over the front tire as close to the frame as possible. The support arm should rest securely on the front tire only, not on the bike's frame.
Board the bus and pay your fare. Sit as close to the front as possible, to keep your bike in view at all times.
- When approaching your stop, let the bus driver know you will unload your bike and then exit through the front door of the bus.
- Lift the support arm from the bike's tire and lower it to the magnet on the rack.
- Take your bike out of the rack.
- If the rack is empty, raise the rack up against the bus.
All unclaimed bikes left on racks will be sent to e-tran Lost and Found. Information on missing bikes may be obtained 48 hours after the loss by telephone: (916) 68E-TRAN and (TDD only 711 through the California Relay Service). Lost and Found articles may be picked up between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday at 10250 Iron Rock Way, Suite 200, Elk Grove.
General Information - Translated