City Clerk's Office
Election results for the November 6, 2012 Election were certified by the Elk Grove City Council
by Resolution No. 2012-215 on December 12, 2012.
The Next Elk Grove General Municipal Election
is November 4, 2014
Offices to be Filled:
Three (3) offices are up for election November 4, 2014:
- Mayor - one position, the Term of office is two (2) years, commencing with the certification of the election results by the City Council.
- Council Members, two positions, for Residency District 2 and District 4 (the district map can be viewed online) - the Term of office is four (4) years, commencing with the certification of the election results by the City Council.
Candidates interested in running for Elk Grove public office must meet the following requirements established by the State of California Elections and Government Codes:
- Must be a registered voter.
- Elective Office residency and registration requirement:
a. For the Office of Mayor – Must be a resident and registered voter of the City of Elk Grove.
b. For office as a Council Member - Must be a resident and registered voter of the council district from which he/she will be elected at the time the nomination papers are issued and throughout the term of office. (Offices to be filled are in Council Residency District 2 and District 4, the district map can be viewed online)
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age on Election Day.
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
Fair Political Practices Commission - Campaign Filing Obligations:
- Candidates must file a Candidate Intention (Form 501) before raising or spending any money, including the candidate’s personal funds.
- A primarily formed committee must file a Statement of Organization (Form 410) within 10 days of raising or spending $1,000 in a calendar year.
Click here for more information regarding campaign disclosure requirements.
For election information contact:
Jason Lindgren, City Clerk
Office of the City Clerk
City of Elk Grove
8401 Laguna Palms Way
Elk Grove, CA 95758
General Information: (916) 478-2286
The City Clerk can provide general information, but cannot give legal advice.
Other Important Telephone Numbers and Addresses:
FAIR POLITICAL PRACTICES COMMISSION
428 J Street, Suite 620, Sacramento CA 95814
Toll Free Technical Assistance 1-866-275-3772
Main Telephone: (916) 322-5660
Fax: (916) 322-0886
SECRETARY OF STATE
1500 11th Street, Room 495, Sacramento CA 95814
General Information: (916) 653-6814
Political Reform Division: (916) 653-6224
SACRAMENTO COUNTY REGISTRAR OF VOTERS
7000 65th Street, Suite A, Sacramento CA 95823-2315
Telephone: (916) 875-6451
Reports on the November 6, 2012 Election can be viewed at
the County of Sacramento Voter Registration and Elections website:
Click here to download reader.