Elk Grove City Council
Nominations are closed, check back on October 23 to see who the winners are!
The City of Elk Grove City Council is hosting the 2014 Elk Grove Mayor’s Volunteer Awards. These awards are designed to recognize volunteers who have made a significant impact on the quality of life in Elk Grove. Each award is tied to currently adopted Elk Grove City Council Goals.
Any individual, group, business, agency, or organization whose volunteer activities directly benefit the City of Elk Grove community is eligible.
Nominees must exemplify one or more of the following:
- Demonstrates exceptional commitment to volunteerism by helping with a special project or ongoing activity.
- Demonstrates exemplary leadership, creativity, cooperation, and hard work in service to others.
- Serves as a role model by inspiring others.
Nomination statements are due by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 19, 2014. Nomination forms are available online at elkgrovecity.org/award or by calling (916) 478-3633
Awards will be presented during a scheduled City Council meeting on October 22, 2014.
Each award category falls within the current adopted City Council Goals. The six categories are:
City Council Goal: Grow and support safe, livable, attractive neighborhoods
- Residents, Neighborhood and Community Groups - This category recognizes the contribution of volunteers who work towards improving local neighborhoods and make a positive impact on the community in general. Category examples include volunteers who assist in beautification projects, rebuilding parks, public safety initiatives, neighborhood watch programs, creek clean-up, special events and graffiti removal.
- Social and Community Services - This category recognizes the contribution of volunteers who have impacted the community at a social and community service level. Volunteers promote Elk Grove through their caring actions and outstanding acts of humanitarianism. Category examples include volunteers who assist in working with seniors, children, individuals with disabilities, social care, family services, health care and public safety.
City Council Goal: Promote Elk Grove as a recreational and cultural center that attracts visitors.
- Arts, Culture and Heritage - This category recognizes the contribution of volunteers who work towards the continuing development of Elk Grove as a city that recognizes and promotes the arts, culture, and the preservation of our city’s heritage. Category examples include volunteers who assist in the visual and performing arts, music, theater, dance, and historical preservation.
- Sports and Recreation - This category recognizes volunteers who demonstrate their involvement and commitment to sports and sporting organizations. Sports and recreational activities enhance the quality of physical activity in Elk Grove. Category examples include volunteers who assist in coaching and/or promoting healthy lifestyles.
- Service Organizations / Groups - This category recognizes volunteer activity done by groups that work together.
- Young Volunteer of the Year - This category recognizes volunteer activity done by individuals under the age of 25.
Nomination Form and Flyer:
» View the Mayor’s Volunteer Awards Special Meeting Agenda - Sept. 29, 2014.
» Online Nomination Form
2014 Elk Grove Mayor’s Volunteer Awards Nomination Form
2014 Elk Grove Mayor’s Volunteer Awards Flyer