This program is designed to recognize Elk Grove businesses that have made a difference in the community either through successful business practices, community involvement, community enrichment, long-term success, or sustainable business practices.
Any business that is physically located and licensed in Elk Grove is eligible. One business in each of the following award categories will receive recognition each quarter:
- "Neighborhood Pioneer" - open to any small business located in Elk Grove (defined as any business with fewer than 50 paid employees and/or less than $5.0 million in annual gross receipts).
- "Exceptional Enterprise" - intended for larger businesses located in Elk Grove
- "Green Business Champion' - open to any business located in Elk Grove that demonstrates exceptional green business practices
Businesses may be nominated for any of the following accomplishments:
- Community involvement – participating in community events, sponsoring community events, ongoing involvement with a nonprofit charitable organization, or similar activities
- Community enrichment – bringing a much-needed or under-represented service to Elk Grove, taking a demonstrated leadership role in the betterment of Elk Grove, employees/owners acting as a role model to residents and/or other business owners
- Purchasing locally – consistently purchasing supplies or services from local vendors
- Hiring locally – hiring Elk Grove residents
- Sustainable business practices – serving as a model of best business practices in the areas of waste reduction, material reuse and recycling, pollution prevention, energy efficiency, green manufacturing, green maintenance and operations, green cleaning, green investment, green building, and/or green purchasing
Any business that is physically located within City boundaries and possesses a current, valid City Business License is eligible for his award. A business cannot nominate itself.
Nomination forms can be downloaded on the City’s website at www.OpenUpToElkGrove.org. The "Success in Elk Grove" business awards are presented quarterly; winners will receive a certificate at the second regular City Council meeting each quarter (the second Wednesday of January, April, July, and October). Nomination forms will be accepted continuously throughout the year.
For more information about this program, contact the City’s Economic Development Department at (916) 691-CITY (2489).
Submit your nomination by downloading printable form below, or submit using online Nomination Form below:
|Best in Business Award Nomination Form||Download|
Click here to download reader.